Sunday, June 08, 2008

Summing Up the GOP


Frank Rich hits one out of the park:
But the substance was even worse than the theatrics. Incredibly, Mr. McCain attacked Mr. Obama for being insufficiently bipartisan while speaking to the most conspicuously partisan audience you can assemble in today’s America: a small, nearly all-white crowd that seconded his attack lines with boorish choruses of boos. On TV, the audience came across as a country-club membership riled by a change in the Sunday brunch menu.

Ouch!

4 comments:

Claudia said...

Townser, Frank Rich. Good people. The salt of the earth.

Whoohoo Obama and here we go for a long five more months of wishin, hopin, prayin, etc.

Newyorquina

Anonymous said...

"It's easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat. But the man worthwhile, is the man who can smile, when his shorts are too tight in the seat"

"I christen thee, "The Flying Wasp".

Townser said...

Personally, I was so pissed on Sunday when I found the 'help' had mislabeled the Bearnaise as Hollandaise. Completely ruined my brunch.

Anonymous said...

I'm fine with the menu adjustments. It's when they let the neegros into my club that irks me.

Oh, and the Jews.

Call me old school I guess...